Craft Beer, Fine Wine, Artisan Spirits, and Mouthgasmic Food.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My love for @MeetatTexas becomes personal.

You might have noticed that I have a strong and deep love for @MeetatTexas and @CarillonAustin.  The food I've eaten there has been off the charts fantastic.  The experiences I've had are some of the best over the last year.  Chemistry Kitchen, Star Power at the Hill Country Wine and Food Festival, and various other events (on-site and off-site) have been outstanding.  One thing that has been consistent throughout the events is Daniel Curtis running by in a suit with a big smile on his face.  If you're lucky, you can steal a hug from him before he's off putting out fires (not literal ones).  


 At the Austin Food Blogger Alliance Educational Event tonight, I didn't see Daniel.  And oddly, I didn't see him the week before at the IACP gala.  It was only after I got on Facebook tonight that I learned that Daniel had a serious accident on May 30th.  I feel like a big jerk for not being more attentive on Facebook.  


Click thumbnail to donate


Daniel is recovering now, but it won't be quick or easy.  If you want to see Daniel's smiling face at the AT&T Executive Education Center sooner rather than later, you can help by donating to the medical expenses.  The goal is to raise $45,000, and he's just over $8,000 now.  I'm donating in small increments, in the amounts that I would have spent on food events.  I started off with $100, the the cost of a Spanish wine dinner.  Spanish wine, though tasty, isn't as important to me as Daniel's recovery and well-being. 

If you've had a enjoyed events at the AT&T Executive Education Center before, I'm proposing that you think about donating to Daniel Curtis.  You might not know him personally, but if you've ever had a good time at the center or at the Carillon, then you know his work.  For me, this is personal.  I don't just have a business relationship with the AT&T Executive Education Center, I have a personal relationship with the people who make it awesome. 

DONATE HERE

If you do want to attend a Spanish Wine dinner at the Carillon, Executive Chef Josh Watkins and Chef de Cuisine Chris Andrews, will host “Taste Of Spanish Wine” on Thursday, June 16th from 7 pm - 10 pm. Cava cocktails will begin at 6:30 pm with a five-course dinner following at 7 pm.  The wine tasting dinner features Spanish wines from Vinaio Imports, an import group that focuses solely on Spanish and Portuguese wines. Cesar Chavez,a person and not the street, will regale guests with stories behind the wine and help to explore the distinct terroir and styles of the featured wine.  Tickets are $100 per person.  Email Lauri.Taylor@attconf.utexas.edu or call 512.404.3655 for reservations. 

1 comment:

  1. We can't thank you enough for spreading the word about Daniel's accident and recovery. A benefit is in the works for early July, we will keep you posted.
    On behalf of Daniel his family and your friends at the AT&T Conference Center and The Carillon I again say thank you.
    Sarah
    AT&T EECC/ The Carillon

    ReplyDelete